Our team of knowledgeable nurses can provide assistance in the following areas:
- Administer flea & worming treatments
- Clip nails
- Empty anal glands
- Post operation check ups
- Six month old puppy checks
- Neutering Advice
- Dietary advice
- Grooming advice
- Preventative healthcare advice
Although the nurses are unable to diagnose conditions, they will give advice and guidance and will refer you to a vet if necessary.
Call reception to book an appointment with one of our nurses.
Pet obesity is on the increase and can cause serious health implications, such as:
- Stress on joints affecting mobility and increasing the effects of osteoarthritis.
- Stress on the heart and lungs causing exercise intolerance and breathlessness
- Increasing the risk of Diabetes and high blood pressure
If you are worried about your pet's weight, then please book a 'Weight Clinic' with our nurse Suzanne, who is dedicated to helping your pets' achieve their goal weight.
There is a one-off charge of £55 which includes:
- Money off the first bag of complete, low calorie, prescription food (if required).
- A personalised feeding plan and weight management booklet with full calorie calculations.
- Body measurements and body condition scoring to monitor progress.
- Unlimited, free follow up appointments, calls and emails with your dedicated weight loss nurse.
Pictured: Truder lost 1kg on our weight loss clinic.
Please call the practice on 01767 627317 to book an appointment and give your pet a new lease of life.
Is you pet nervous or afraid of coming to the vets? If so they may benefit from a course of de-sensitisation sessions.
Desensitisation is a technique used to expose your pet to stimulus until the pet becomes less reactive.
At the practice our nurse Charlie works on familiarising your pet with the waiting area and consult rooms and getting them used to basic restraint and having different parts of the body examined.
They then expose them to general equipment that we use such as scales, stethoscopes, ophthalmoscopes, otoscopes and clippers.
There is a one-off charge of £55 which includes approximately 6-8 de-sensitisation sessions with Charlie, as well as monthly follow-ups.