The surgery hosts 'Puppy Parties' once a month run by our veterinary nurses, Siani and Debbie.
These are very informal gatherings for 6 puppies and as many family members as you like!! It is primarily a chance to socialise your puppy with others of a similar age and to have supervised play in a safe environment.
There is also a chance to speak to the nurse and ask all those questions you meant to ask the vet....or felt too silly to ask!!
There will be a talk covering topics such as:
- SOCIALISING YOUR PUPPY....vital at 5 - 12 weeks of age to prevent all those behavioural problems from cropping up later on in life.
- WORMING......how, when and why we recommend it.
- FLEA PREVENTION
- DIET ADVISE for your growing puppy.
- TOYS - what is appropriate to play with.
- USE OF CRATES
- HOUSE TRAINING
- BEHAVIOURAL ADVISE......fed up of the puppy keep nipping your toddler's fingers?
- DENTAL CARE - Vital to start early on to prevent periodontitis later on.
- PET INSURANCE
The cost is £7.50 per puppy and includes a free 'party bag' to take home.
Puppies must have had their first vaccination to attend and be under 12 weeks of age.
Any problems please call reception and ask to speak to Siani, who runs the parties or Debbie (our head nurse).